Extreme weather event across Tasmania on Friday 11 May 2018.
Current Situation in Glenorchy Municipality as at Friday 18 May 2018
Councils Work Centre are currently conducting assessments and works including:
• Repair of suburban and rural roads
• Clearing and wash out repair in creeks
• Tree damage and general debris clean-up
• Stormwater asset (pits and pipelines) clearing
• Wellington Park fire trails
Current Situation in Glenorchy Municipality as at Wednesday 16 May 2018
Wellington Park is closed for a week. Following the storm event on Thursday night 10 May 2018, Council is assessing damage to the fire trail network and the Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park. Until these assessments have occurred and tracks have been deemed safe to the public the park will remain closed for the rest of this week. For further enquiries customers can contact Alli Coombe, Environment Coordinator 03 6216 6800.
The following information was applicable during the storm event only.
Please read the following information.
Current Situation in Glenorchy Municipality as at 9pm on Friday 11 May 2018
- Collinsvale Residents – the Bridge on Mill Rd at Collinsvale has been closed affecting about. 20 properties. Pedestrian access is available. However vehicle access is inaccessible at this time. The bridge will be closed to vehicles until Monday 14 May 2018, when a reassessment will be made in relation to a possible solution.
Current Situation in Glenorchy Municipality as at midday on Friday 11 May 2018
- Council crews have been working all night clearing vegetation issues
- Minor flooding from blocked drains several locations
- Debris in Grove Rd bridge
- Large rocks on road at Collinsvale
Tolosa Park is currently closed due to extreme weather. If you have a hut booking this weekend, our staff members will be in touch with you. If you have not been contacted about your booking, please call customer service on 03 6216 6800.
Please visit the sports ground closures page for latest updates.
Jackson Street Landfill
The landfill site is closed due to extreme weather. Council expects this service to reopen Saturday morning (12 May 2018).