The Minister for Planning and Local Government, the Hon Peter Gutwein MP, has suspended the Glenorchy City Council’s Aldermen for a period of six months effective from 12:00 midnight 8 February 2017. Any questions or queries please contact directly Glenorchy City Council or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Customer Service 03 6216 6800
Personal Background and History
Alderman Lucas was first elected to Council in 1994.
A resident of Granton, she has held positions of Director of Blacksnake Solutions as well as Director of Sales and Marketing for Accor Hotels and Quest Serviced Apartments. She has a background in management, marketing, planning, events and health.
Alderman Lucas is Vice Chair of Carers Tasmania and has recently been elected to the board of Carers Australia.
She has an interest in Mental Health issues and has lobbied strongly with her husband Geoff over the last 20 years for changes to the mental health system.
She is a member of the Glenorchy Suicide Prevention Network, and is the Chair of the Bucaan Community House after previously holding the roles of treasurer and Vice Chair.
Current Council Representation
Alderman Lucas is Council’s representative on the following committees and working groups:
- City of Glenorchy Australia Day Award Nominations;
- Moonah Taste of the World Committee (chair);
- Glenorchy Arts and Culture Advisory Committee;
- CBD Revitalisation Master Plan Steering Committee (chair);
- Glenorchy Community Plan Project Committee;
- Bucaan Community House Management Committee;
- Greater Hobart Coming Out Proud Community Liaison Committee; and
- General Manager Performance Review.