We want to create an age-friendly community that provides opportunities for people to be included, feel safe, have a healthy lifestyle, and take part in activities that help them to be active and positive as they age.
- Positive or active ageing is about:
- Connecting with others in your community
- Being as physically active as you can be
- Being as mentally active as you can
- Having access to services and facilities
- Being part of community events and activities
- Contributing to others or the community
- Having a positive outlook on life
How we do this?
We have a Positive Ageing Strategy that outlines what we will do to encourage positive ageing in our community : click here
We offer a "driver to collect" service for people who are not able to place their wheelie bins at the kerbside. You will need a Doctor's Certificate to access this service. You will not be charged extra for this service.
We produce the Glenorchy Handbook of Positive Ageing. This contains a large range of activities for older people to participate in, keep active, enjoy, and connect with others in the Glenorchy community. The activities are age-friendly, accessible, and free or low-cost.
We link people who want to volunteer with volunteering opportunities through our Volunteer Centre. .
How do you find out more?
Contact the Positive Ageing and Access Officer on 62163800 or email customer service.