Discounts and Remissions
Glenorchy City Council offers remissions (discounts) on rates to eligible residents. To be eligible you must be holding a valid card on the July 1st. A valid card is one of the following:
- Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Repatriation Health War Widow or TPI Gold Card
The card holder must occupy the property as their principal place of residence and be legally responsible for the rates on that property. Your discount could be as much as $275.
If in doubt to your eligibility, please contact our Customer Service Centre to confirm your eligibility.
A remission form needs to be completed and a Council Officer needs to see the Pension card. A family member or friend is able to bring in the Pension card on your behalf.
Council offers the following remissions in accordance to section 87 of the Local Government Act 1993:
- General rates exemption for properties used for religious, charitable or educational purposes
- Revaluation rates exemption for properties used for religious, charitable or educational purposes
If you have a property being currently used for religious, charitable or educational purposes and are not receiving a rates exemption, you can apply using the form below.
Charitable Rates Remission