Animal Management Building Council Works Economic Development Environmental Health Maps and Spatial Data
Planning and Heritage Plumbing Rates Roads & Council Property Sport & Recreation Facilities Waste Management Payments

How to Lodge a Work Order Request

If you wish to report a maintenance issue please contact the Council on 6216 6800 and provide as much detail as possible about the problem and location, include information such as road name, house number of property it is near.


Alternatively you can email or
Write to
Glenorchy City Council,
PO Box 103
Glenorchy TAS 7010


You are also welcome to visit the customer service counter at the Council Chambers, or at Works and Services located on Vieste Drive, Glenorchy.


Leaving your name and address is optional but can be helpful if there are issues with locating the problem or if the work is not being undertaken for various reasons.


The customer service staff will complete a Work Order Request and this will be forwarded to the appropriate staff.


The work will not always be carried out immediately unless it is in the opinion of the works staff it is an immediate danger. Often the work will be programmed to occur with other maintenance work.

There are 4 possible actions that may be taken;

  1. The work required is completed as soon as practicable
  2. The situation is monitored and the work maybe completed at a later date
  3. The problem is assessed as not meeting the intervention levels, under Glenorchy City Council’s Service Levels (link to Service level & response times).
    No work will be done if this is the case. Every effort will be made to contact the customer and inform them of this outcome.
  4. Or the asset is not a Council asset and the work is not completed.
    If this is the case every effort will be made to contact the customer and inform them of this outcome.