Animal Management Building Council Works Economic Development Environmental Health Maps and Spatial Data
Planning and Heritage Plumbing Rates Roads & Council Property Sport & Recreation Facilities Waste Management Payments

Skip Bin Permits

Persons wishing to place a skip bin on any public street or road must first apply for a permit to do so. 

Skip bins cannot be placed on a footpath but in some circumstances, may be placed on a nature strip.  A bin can only be placed on the roadway where a vehicle may legally be parked. 


Skip bins on a roadway must have reflectors affixed to all corner extremities. 


Application for a permit can be made at the Parking Office of the Glenorchy City Council.  There is no charge for a permit.  Enquiries may be directed to 6216 6800.


The application form is below.


You can also contact us via our contact form.

Skip Bin Permit Application