The Minister for Planning and Local Government, the Hon Peter Gutwein MP, has suspended the Glenorchy City Council’s Aldermen for a period of six months effective from 12:00 midnight 8 February 2017. Any questions or queries please contact directly Glenorchy City Council or send an email to email@example.com or phone Customer Service 03 6216 6800
Personal Background and History
Alderman Slade was first elected to Council in 1991. He was the City’s 7th Mayor from 2011-2014 and Deputy Mayor from 1996-2005.
A 5th generation Glenorchy resident, he is the Executive Chair of the SCPS group of registered businesses which specialises in risk management, business continuity, governance and diabetes education.
Alderman Slade has obtained postgraduate qualifications in health science and risk management from QUT and a Company Directors’ Diploma from UNE/AICD.
He is the immediate Past President and Chair of the Royal Automobile Club of Tasmania, current Chair of RACT Travel Pty Ltd and RACT Board Risk Management Committee.
Current Council Representation
Alderman Slade is Council’s representative on the following committees and working groups:
- Glenorchy Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee (Chair);
- Berriedale Peninsula Master Plan Steering Committee (Chair);
- General Manager’s Performance Review Committee (Chair);
- Australia Day/Citizen of the Year Committee (Chair);
- Accommodation Strategy Working Group;
- Wilkinsons Point/Elwick Bay Master Plan Committee;
- Southern Waste Strategy Authority; and
- Wellington Park Trust (Proxy).