- To be able to say no if you aren't comfortable with, or haven't agreed to, something.
- To be supported in your activities.
- To have a clear understanding of your role eg. provide job description.
- To be given guidance/training etc. if necessary to carry out your job.
- To be consulted on things that affect you and your work.
- To have a safe working environment (including being covered by insurance).
- To be given access to organisation policies and procedures.
- Be reliable and on time.
- Carry out any tasks you have agreed to.
- Be trustworthy, respectful, and non-judgmental.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Ask for support and/or training as necessary.
Most organisations require volunteers to undergo a Police Check to ensure the suitability of volunteers for the role they are wanting to undertake. This is not a difficult process and a lot of organisations can support volunteers to undertake this. It is important to note that it can take around 4 weeks to get the results of this check back.