GCC Customer Service Centre Re-open for Limited Use
From today, Wednesday 27 May 2020, Glenorchy City Council's Customer Service Centre at our chambers in Glenorchy will be re-open from 9am -11am only for essential visits by the public.
Council's call-centre and all other areas normal operating hours are still 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Mon - Fri). We encourage you to call us before visiting chambers on 6216 6800 to see if we are able to help you over the phone or online.
If you are intending to visit our Council Chambers, please note the following:
- Our Customer Service counter will be open for general enquiries that cannot be completed by phone or email (e.g cash payments, collection of forms, disposal of sharps containers, collection of keys)
- Sneeze guards have been installed at counters and hygiene protocols will be in place to ensure everyone's safety. Please maintain distancing requirements and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- Justice of the Peace services are not available.
- Planning, Building, Parking and Animal Management counters will remain CLOSED. You can still call us on 6216 6800 for any enquiries about these services
- The upstairs area in Council Chambers will also remain CLOSED. Please follow all signage.
- Entry to our Customer Service Centre will be through the REAR doors only. The front airlock which opens onto the Council lawns is still available to view current advertised Planning applications.
- A concierge service will be in place at the rear entrance to Council Chambers to assist with your enquiry. Please discuss the reason for your visit with out staff members and follow their directions.
- If you are attending an essential scheduled appointment, we encourage you to arrive on time or wait in your vehicle if you are early
Thank you for your cooperation and for helping us to keep everyone safe during this difficult period.