UPDATE: Thursday 9 July: BBQs and Tolosa Huts re-open this weekend
We are currently switching on all the bbq facilities across the municipality. By the end of this week all facilities will be operational. The huts at Tolosa Park may now be booked with additional cleaning requirements included in the agreement to ensure safe use.
- Please follow all signage in place regarding distancing and washing hands.
- For hut bookings please see our page: Tolosa Park Huts
- Please ensure you are thoroughly cleaning the bbq site before and after use for your safety and the safety of the next user
UPDATE: Friday 3 July: Council chambers and service counters to resume normal hours next week.
As of Monday 6 July Council Chambers will be open to members of the public Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm. This also includes Planning, Building and Plumbing counters for in person enquiries between 10am and 3pm.
- Please do not attend chambers if you are unwell, phone or email your enquiry if possible.
- Please follow all staff instructions and signage as protocols may have changed since your last visit.
- Max limits apply on the number of patrons in Chambers at one time. Please complete your enquiry and leave in a timely fashion.
UPDATE: Wednesday 17 June: Gatherings increase to 80 people
Gatherings (indoor and outdoor) are now permitted up to 80 people with appropriate distancing. For Council venues, open spaces and playspaces please adhere to a physical distance of 1.5m from other patrons and a maximum of one person per 4 square metres.
- Please follow all signage in place to keep you safe while using Council facilities.
- All halls and Council venues have been assessed for maximum capacity, please follow the limits on people per venue (including in separate rooms where signed)
- Do not attend Council facilities if you are unwell.
UPDATE: Tuesday 9 June: Council Customer Service Centre - opening hours extended.
Council Chambers and the Customer Service centre will now open 9am to 1 pm on weekdays for essential visits only
We encourage you to call us first on 6216 6800 before visiting, to see if we can answer your enquiry over the phone. 6216 6800.
UPDATE: Friday 5 June: Council playspaces and facilites now open for up to 20 people*
As of 3pm, playgrounds, skate parks and hall facilities will be able to accommodate up to 20 people at one time with appropriate distancing. *Lower limits apply for smaller spaces, please follow all signage. Hall facilities must be booked via the Customer Service Centre and additional cleaning will apply.
For more information about the change in restrictions please click here
UPDATE: Wednesday, 27 May 2020: Council Customer Service Centre is re-open for essential visits
UPDATE: Monday 18 May: Playspaces and Hall facilities – Re-open for limited public use
Consistent with the Premier’s Roadmap to Recovery, Council will be opening its playspaces (including skateparks) from today, Monday 18 May, for limited use.
Some important things to note:
- Playspaces including playgrounds, skate parks, outdoor gym equipment will be open for a maximum of 10 people at one time.
- Social distancing rules still apply, please maintain appropriate distance and move along once you are done.
- If an area is busy please come back another time.
- Signage and fencing is being updated by our work crews as quickly as possible, please follow all directions in place.
- If you are unwell, do not attend our playspaces.
- Council Halls are available for hire with a maximum capacity of 10 people. Please call Council 6216 6800 to book a hall, additional cleaning conditions will apply.
- Tolosa Park is currently open for exercise and play. Huts and BBQs remain closed at this time.
- Water fountains, bubblers and bbqs are also to remain closed at this time. If you are walking your dog or exercising please bring your own water bottle.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time. Please stay safe and well and remember, all in this together.
For further enquiries, please call us on 6216 6800.
UPDATE: Friday, 8 May 2020
GLENORCHY PARKS TO RE-OPEN FROM 11 MAY
UPDATE: Friday, 1 April 2020
FINANCIAL HARDSHIP SUPPORT AND APPLICATIONS
Council is offering financial assistance to any of our customers who are suffering financial hardship due to the COVID-19 crisis.
To find out if you are eligible and what assistance is available visit our COVID-19 Financial Hardship Assistance Page.
UPDATE: Tuesday, 31 March 2020
GLENORCHY CITY COUNCIL ENDORSES IMMEDIATE COVID-19 RESPONSE PACKAGE
At last night's Council meeting, Glenorchy City Council unanimously voted to endorse a COVID-19 response and interim community assistance package.
Mayor Kristie Johnston said there was a deep understanding across the board of the financial impact of COVID-19 on its community, and that many people are doing it tough.
“We hope the adoption of this report goes some way to providing immediate assistance and support to our community, while we explore and consider longer-term initiatives,” Mayor Johnston said.
“It is vital to take onboard that this is only the start of the assistance Council will be providing to our community, and we have taken this interim step in recognition that those most in need in our community need assistance provided now, and cannot wait for the next financial year.”
Council is currently considering a range of measures to address the long-term impacts in the community, including rate relief as part of the 2020/21 budget.
Council's COVID-19 response and interim community assistance package provides immediate support in the form of:
- waiving penalty and interest for those with outstanding 4th quarter rates notices.
- refunding fees and charges for Council facilities that have had to close or events that have had to be cancelled.
- waiving rental instalments for grassroots community groups and sporting clubs that lease council property for the remainder of 2019/20.
- assistance for commercial tenants of Council properties considered on a case-by-case basis.
- amending our Financial Hardship Policy to ensure relevant and timely application for those suffering as a result of COVID-19.
- implementing a support package targeting local businesses to provide them with information, support, and promotion
If you have any questions about how these measures apply to you and your situation, please give us a call on 6216 6800.
UPDATE: Monday, 30 March 2020
COUNCIL PARKS, RESERVES AND OPEN SPACES: CLOSED
All parks, reserves and open spaces maintained by the Council will be closed as of today, Monday 30 March.
This includes all playspaces which were closed last Wednesday, 25 March. These closures are in-line with Federal and State government directives to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We apologise for any inconvenience as a result of these closures. Council will continue to re-assess its response to the pandemic as an ongoing action.
All public toilet facilities are closed, unless otherwise signed.
For further enquiries please call Customer Service 03 6216 6800 or email email@example.com
UPDATE: Wednesday, 25 March 2020
CLOSURE OF PLAYSPACES AND PUBLIC TOILETS
Council has made the decision to close all of its playspaces and public toilets due to current health advice and increased vigilance around the spread of COVID-19. This decision is in line with Council’s ongoing response to the current pandemic.
We apologise for the inconvenience. Please be assured that we are working hard to keep as many services open and accessible while keeping the health of our community and its vulnerable members in the front of our minds.
The health and safety of our community is our priority. We thank you for your understanding.
For further enquiries please call our Customer Service team 03 6216 6800.
All of Council's Playspaces (playgrounds and other similar facilities) are now closed until further notice. As noted above, this decision is based on public health advice. We understand that this will create difficulties for many people, however ask for your understanding as we try to minimise the spread of COVID-19.
Public Toilet Closures
Unfortunately, due to restricted supplies and ongoing vandalism in certain locations Council has had to close its public toilets. This decision is in line with Council’s response to the current pandemic, allowing us to continue to provide adequate services across the municipality and focus on key locations.
All public toilet facilities are closed, unless otherwise signed.
UPDATE: Tuesday, 24 March 2020
CLOSURE OF COUNCIL CHAMBERS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC
To protect our staff and the community from the potential spread of COVID-19, Glenorchy City Council Council’s chambers will CLOSE TO THE PUBLIC from 5:00 pm today (Tuesday, 24 March 2020).
What does this mean?
- Members of the public will not be able to visit Council’s Chambers in person.
- We are still open for business, and will still be able to provide all services either on this website (see further details below), by phone (ph: 6216 6800) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We encourage you to check our website first to reduce call waiting times.
- Our Council meeting scheduled for this Monday, 30 March 2020 will be closed to the public. However, we will be live-streaming the meeting on our Facebook page and the recording will be available on our website. We will post further information about this soon.
We understand that this change may be difficult. We want to be clear that only our public areas in our Chambers are closing. Out staff are still working and are here to take your enquiries. Council is constantly reviewing the situation to continue providing services to our community with your health and safety and that of our staff as our number one priority.
Here’s how you can continue to access our services:
- Paying rates, fees, charges or infringements: you can pay over the phone by credit card, by BPAY or by mail. You can pay by cash at Australia Post.
- Viewing planning applications: you can view advertised applications on exhibition by clicking here or just inside the front doors at Council Chambers
- Lodging planning, building or plumbing applications: you can lodge applications via email, post or using the Tender box at Council Chambers
- Lodging a submission or representation: you can lodge via email, post or using the Tender box at Council Chambers
- Asking a question or reporting an issue: call us on 6216 6800 or email email@example.com
- Providing proof of identity documents: call us on 6216 6800 to make arrangements
- Official witnessing / JP services call us on 6216 6800 or visit the JP website at https://tsjpi.asn.au/ to find a JP
Animal Management Services - Business as usual
At the moment our Animal Management services have not been significantly impacted by the Coronavirus outbreak.
UPDATE: Monday, 23 March 2020
Tolosa Park Huts - Bookings cancelled
To help limit the spread of COVID-19 and promote social distancing, Glenorchy City Council will no longer be taking bookings for the Tolosa Park Huts for the foreseeable future.
This also means all current existing bookings have been cancelled. Council is contacting all involved parties to inform them of this. The rest of Tolosa Park will remain open for now, however we remind all users to practice good hygiene and implement social distancing measures at all times.
Changes to Planning Services counter hours
From Monday 23 March 2020, Council's Planning Services counter located in Council Chambers will be open from 10am - 3pm (Mon - Fri) only.
We encourage you to make Planning enquiries by phone or via email. You can also call us to schedule an appointment.
Please call us on 03 6216 6800 during Council business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you reconsider your need to attend Council's Chambers for the time being.
If you have recently lodged a planning application, be assured that we are working on it and will call you if we need to talk about it.
UPDATE: Friday, 20 March 2020
Australian Citizenship Ceremony - 8 April 2020: Cancelled
Council has now been notified by the Department of Immigration that the Australian Citizenship Ceremony that was scheduled for 8 April 2020 at the DEC has been cancelled.
Please contact Council's Events Team (6216 6800) or the Department of Immigration for further information.
UPDATE: Thursday, 19 March 2020
Council Halls, Moonah Arts Centre, Derwent Entertainment Centre
To limit the spread of the Coronavirus through face-to-face contact, Council has adopted the social distancing advice from the Australian Government Department of Health.
As a result:
- The Moonah Arts Centre (MAC) will close indefinitely to the public from 5:00 pm on Friday, 20 March 2020. All exhibitions and events at the MAC have been cancelled. Please contact the MAC for more information (ph: 6216 6382)
- All community halls operated by Council are temporarily closed and hall events are postponed until further notice
- The format of Council meetings is currently under review and further advice will be provided soon
Derwent Entertainment Centre
All conferences and events up until the 20 July 2020 have been cancelled or postponed.
If you hold a ticket for any Ticketmaster event and would like a refund please contact Ticketmaster directly. All tickets for postponed events will be valid for the new date and Ticketmaster will be in contact with ticket holders with the relevant details.
The Disney on Ice tour is currently going ahead as planned. If there is any change to this, all ticket holders will be contacted directly.
UPDATE: 18 March 2020
Status of Current Council events
Council is actively reviewing all of its events to ensure that the public and our staff are not put at any unnecessary risk due to the spread of Coronavirus.
The following is the status of scheduled Council events and activities as at 10:00 am on 18 March 2020:
|Council event||Scheduled Date||Location||Current Status||Comments|
|Moonah Taste of the World Festival||22 March 2020||Benjafield Park, Moonah||Cancelled|
|GYTF Market in the Carpark||3 April 2020||GCC carpark and front lawn, Glenorchy||Cancelled|
|GCC Community Yarns||7 April 2020||tbc||Cancelled|
|Australian Citizenship Ceremony||8 April 2020||Derwent Entertainment Centre||Cancelled|
|Glenorchy ANZAC Day service||25 April 2020||Glenorchy Council lawns||Cancelled|
|Glenorchy Volunteer Awards||20 May 2020||TBC||Pending||Public event will not go ahead - working on an online format
instead. Further information to be provided.
Moonah Arts Centre (MAC)
All exhibition openings and events cancelled until further notice. Please contact the MAC for more information (ph: 6216 6382).
Derwent Entertainment Centre
Contact event organisers or promoters for event status or ticketing enquiries.
UPDATE: Monday, 16 March 2020
Cancellation of Glenorchy ANZAC Day service
Unfortunately, due to concerns about the spread of Coronavirus, Glenorchy City Council has made the decision to cancel this year's Glenorchy ANZAC Day service, which was due to be held on the Council lawns on 25 April 2020.
While the cancellation of this important event is disappointing, the safety of the general public must come first, and the risks of proceeding are too high.
It is also a necessary decision in light of the Federal Government's advice to reconsider holding public gatherings where possible, and the RSL Tasmania's announcement (made on 16 March 2020) that it will cancel all of it's ANZAC Day services in Tasmania.
Council is also actively reviewing the implications of the Coronavirus outbreak on all of its events and will make any announcements of cancellations on this website and our Facebook page.
If you have any questions, please contact Council's Customer Service team on 6216 6800 or email@example.com.