Glenorchy City Council encourages you to have your say on two exciting regional playspaces being designed and built at the Montrose Bay Foreshore Community Park and Giblins Reserve in Goodwood.
The new playspaces will include play equipment catering to all ages, some play elements for all abilities, an art component, and new landscaping. There is also the potential for additional community facilities such as a fenced off-leash dog exercise area, a mindfulness labyrinth feature, and other community facilities such as seating and picnic areas. The carpark, shared pathway and toilets at Giblins Reserve will also be upgraded.
Council would love to hear about your ideas for these areas. We want to find out what is important and unique about each site and capture themes and ideas that will help the designers ensure the playspaces meet community needs and expectations, and make them great places for you and family and friends to visit.
The project is jointly funded by the Australian Government's Community Development Grant program and Glenorchy City Council.
Have your say
- Complete an online survey for one (or both!) proposed playspace. Surveys close Sunday 22 March 2020
- Email us your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet the design consultants onsite, and talk about your ideas for the spaces on Saturday 14 March 2020
- 9.30am - Montrose Foreshore Community Park
- 1.30pm - Giblins Reserve
- Visit us at the Moonah Taste of the World Festival on Sunday 22 March 2020 – join in the fun at this multicultural event at Benjafield Park in Moonah between 11am-4pm and tell us about your dream playground through a fun activity!
We are also talking with local schools, community groups, and other organisations about their ideas.
Further opportunities to have your say will be made available once a draft landscape design is completed for the two playspaces in May 2020.
Where can I get more information?
If you would like more information about the Glenorchy playspaces project:
- Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions about the playspaces
- Call Council on 6216 6800 or email us at email@example.com
- Project updates, including important dates where you can get involved, will be published on this website.