Glenorchy City Council provides support to residents in the City of Glenorchy through the Mayor’s Sporting and Academic Fund. Donations may be provided to individuals or groups/teams who are Glenorchy residents selected to represent their state nationally or their country internationally in significant sporting, academic, cultural or civic events or youth leadership development opportunities.
- All requests for funding must be made in writing, including individual’s residential address and name/date of event selected for; and
- The recipient of the grant must be a current resident of the Municipality; and
- All requests must be accompanied by written confirmation of selection from the relevant state or federal sporting/organising body (or equivalent), confirming the bona fide of the application; and
- Only one application will be considered in any financial year from any individual.
Please note the following:
- When four or more people are selected for the same event/team, please send applications together if possible. Payment will be made to the group/organisation for distribution to individuals.
- Please note that Council is unable to provide funding to members of a team who live outside the Glenorchy local government area, even if the team is based in the municipality.
Approved applicants will be eligible for a financial contribution based on the following:
- If the event is held within Tasmania - $100 maximum grant.
- If the event is held outside Tasmania, but within Australia - $150 maximum grant.
- If the event is held within internationally - $200 maximum grant.
- Request made by a team/group of individuals attending the same competition are capped at a maximum of $500.
A covering letter will be provided from the Office of the Mayor to successful applicants, including an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form which must be completed and returned to allow the payment to be made. Unsuccessful applicants will receive notification from a Council officer.
Notification to applicants will generally be provided within 4 weeks.
For further information or to discuss eligibility please contact Council on phone 6216 6800, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.