Council undertakes economic development to drive growth and prosperity for the City and its residents, focusing on:
- attracting talent to our City
- providing quality places for people to live and work
- supporting business retention and growth, and
- building our resident workforce
We will encourage business diversity, innovation and new technologies to stimulate jobs, creativity, and collaboration.
We will be a place where business can establish, continue and flourish.
- City of Glenorchy Community Plan 2015 - 2040
Economic development is an integral part of what we do at Council and our objective is to be open for business.
To find out more about what is happening right now in the Glenorchy economy visit our Economic Development Strategy Project.