Glenorchy City Council has created an Economic Development Strategy for our City. Our objective is to be Open for Business.
Working with businesses, industry representatives, not-for-profits and the community, the Glenorchy Economic Development Strategy 2020-25:
- captures and expresses stakeholder aspirations and concerns
- aligns with the Glenorchy Community Plan vision
- prioritises Council's economic development activities
- supports local economic stakeholders (including government, the private sector, education and not-for-profits) to grow businesses, local employment and skills
- assists government advocacy
- has a focus of five years, and
- is grounded on evidence-based understanding of the issues facing the Glenorchy, Greater Hobart and Tasmanian economy.
Find out more about the strategy and how it was developed, using the links below.