The Access Committee is a Special Committee of Glenorchy City Council that was formed
under the Local Government Act 1993.
The Committee meets at least every two months and advises and assists the Council on disability and access issues in our City.
The Committee assists by:
- letting Council know of access concerns in areas that the Council is responsible for
- giving feedback on how current projects and services affect people with disability
- giving feedback on how future projects and services will affect people with disability
- giving feedback on how we best inform people with disability
- helping develop and check the progress of the Access Action Plan (PDF)
- undertaking site visits with Council Officers to offer advice on individual access matters
- providing Disability Awareness Training to Council Officers
- assisting in events to celebrate International Day of People with Disability
MembershipThe Access Committee has three types of membership: individual, family or carer, and disability organisations. Members of the committee represent a range of disability types. Our Officers also attend meetings to provide information and get feedback.
If you would like more information on the Access Committee, please contact the Positive Ageing and Access Officer email@example.com