The role of the Glenorchy Sport and Recreation Advisory Committee is to:
- provide community input and monitor the implementation of sport and recreation actions in the Council’s Healthy Communities Plan 2014–23 (PDF), and promote the successful achievements resulting from the plan
- provide Council with advice on community concerns, expectations and needs regarding the effectiveness of recreation, sport and leisure services within Glenorchy, particularly those concerning barriers to participation, use of facilities and promotion of activities.
- raise sport and recreation concerns on behalf of the community
- promote physical activity practices, principles and participation opportunities within the broader community
- provide a point of consultation on Council’s sport and recreation activities, facilities, projects and policies
- establish networks of local sport and recreation providers and assist in the coordination and dissemination of sport and recreation information particularly in relation to funding and resource sharing
- assist in the marketing and promotion of local sport and recreation opportunities and in the coordination of specific identified activities and special events.
The committee comprises up to 10 members, including:
- Two Alderman
- Healthy Communities Development Officer
- Property Manager
- up to six community representatives, preferably Glenorchy residents with sport or recreation organisation affiliation, networks, local knowledge and interests. For more information contact 03 62 166 800 or firstname.lastname@example.org