Concerns About Food Safety

Our Environmental Health Officers will investigate food safety complaints to determine if they breach the Tasmanian Food Act 2003 (external link) or the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code (external link).

If you see something in a food business that you think is not safe, please contact the Environmental Health Office so we can investigate. To help us with investigating this we ask that you:

  • provide your contact details (name, phone number, address)
  • let us know where you purchased the food
  • provide enough detail about the issue
  • keep the food if possible with any receipts
  • if you believe you have food poisoning you should speak to your doctor. They may do some tests to see if you have food poisoning.

Please note your information is kept confidential.