We want to create an age-friendly community that provides opportunities for people to be included, feel safe, have a healthy lifestyle, and to take part in activities that help them to be active and positive as they age.
Positive and active ageing is about:
- connecting with others in your community
- being as physically active as you can be
- being as mentally active as you can
- having access to services and facilities
- being part of community events and activities
- contributing to others or the community
- having a positive outlook on life.
Our programs and services
We have a range of programs and services that support and encourage positive, active ageing in Glenorchy.
- Our Positive Ageing Strategy outlines what we will do to encourage positive ageing in our community. The current Glenorchy Positive Ageing Strategy is under review.
- We offer a ‘driver-to-collect’ service for people who are not able to place their wheelie bins at the kerbside. If does not cost extra but you will need a Doctor's Certificate to access this service. Read more about this on our additional waste services page.
- The Glenorchy Handbook of Positive Ageing contains a large range of activities for older people to participate in, keep active, enjoy and connect with others in the Glenorchy community. The activities are age-friendly, accessible, and free or low-cost. View the Glenorchy Handbook of Positive Ageing (PDF).
- We link people who want to volunteer with volunteering opportunities through our Volunteer Centre.
For more information contact 6216 6800 or email email@example.com