Glenorchy City Council developed the Youth Action Network Glenorchy (YANG) to work in partnership with youth and community services, youth organisations, youth groups and the communities they service and support.
Since it was developed in 1999, YANG membership has grown to more than 60 youth, community service and representative organisations – working together to ensure effective responses to the needs and issues of young people and youth service providers in the City of Glenorchy.
YANG has five key objectives:
- To identify gaps in service provision for young people in Glenorchy.
- To exchange information on current issues impacting on young people in Glenorchy
- To work collaboratively on strategies to address issues impacting on young people in Glenorchy.
- To identify sources of funding to meet identified service gaps.
- To ensure a coordinated approach to the development and provision of Youth services in Glenorchy.
YANG members meet each month. Find out more by contacting the Youth Development Officer at email@example.com