If you are suffering from financial hardship caused by COVID-19 and you can’t pay an amount that is due to us by its due date, you might be eligible for assistance. If you think this is you, then we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
You can apply for one or more of the following:
- more time to pay your rates bill (including all charges that appear on it)
- the removal of penalties and interest that we have applied to your overdue rates bill
- the removal of another fee that that you owe Council (such as the fee for registering your dog)
- more time to pay a fine
- if you are a tenant of one of our properties, you may be eligible to have some or all of your rent waived or deferred (see the COVID-19 Rent Relief Guidelines (PDF) for more information)
Our COVID-19 Financial Hardship Guidelines (PDF) provide more information about the assistance that Council is offering and when you are eligible.
How do I apply?
To apply for assistance with financial hardship, fill out our COVID-19 Financial Hardship Application Form (PDF).
To apply for assistance with the rent on a Council property, fill out our Rent Relief Application Form (PDF).
You can return your completed form to us by:
- email to email@example.com,
- post to Glenorchy City Council, PO Box 103, GLENORCHY TAS 7010
Have a question?
If you want any more information about financial assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic, please get in touch.
Need more help?
If you are feeling anxious or uneasy about your situation or just need someone to talk to, there is help out there:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636 (24 hours, 7days)
- The Tasmanian Government’s COVID-19 mental health support page