Change of Details


If your details change, please let us know as soon as possible. 

Please note: we cannot change your details over the phone.


Change of address

If your current postal address is different from the address shown on the front of your rates notice, please let us know by completing a change of address form (PDF).

You can submit the form via:

  • email
  • in person at our Customer Service Centre at Council Chambers, 374 Main Road, Glenorchy
  • post to Glenorchy City Council, PO Box 103, Glenorchy TAS 7010.

In the case of death

If you have joint tenancy ownership of a property with your partner, and your partner dies, their name can be removed from the rates notice only after we receive a certified copy of the death certificate. (This is not the case for tenants in common ownership.) Please note: we must receive official notification from the Land Titles Office before altering other details, because ownership does not necessarily revert to the surviving partner.

Changing ownership details

The current property owner is responsible for the rates debt.

When properties are bought or sold, we receive official notification from the Lands Titles Office and update property ownership records based on this information.

Please note: we cannot accept change of ownership details from the new owner.