Pensioner rates discounts
To be eligible for a discount, you must hold one of these valid cards on 1 July of the current year:
- Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Repatriation Health Card ‘Gold Card’, endorsed War Widow/Widower or Total or Permanent Injury (TPI).
This discount could be as much 30% of your rates.
To claim the discount, the property must be your main place of residence and you must be legally responsible for the rates on that property.
Please note: an Australian Government Seniors Health Card does not qualify the holder for a rates remission.
To applyPlease complete an Application for Pensioner Discount form at Council Chambers, 374 Main Road, Glenorchy. A Customer Service Officer also needs to see your card.
If you’re not sure whether you are eligible, or need to discuss your application, please contact us
General rates exemptions
We also offer general rates exemption for properties that are used for charitable purposes in accordance to Section 87 of the Local Government Act 1993 (external link).
If you believe your organisation is eligible for a general rates exemption, please let us know by completing a Charitable Rates Exemption form (PDF).
You can submit your form via:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person at our Customer Service Centre at Council Chambers, 374 Main Road, Glenorchy
- posting to Glenorchy City Council, PO Box 103, Glenorchy TAS 7010.