We collect general waste either weekly or fortnightly, depending on what type of property you live in. The following information will help you to understand how our collection service works.
Garbage bin types and collection
Standard garbage service
Our standard garbage service applies if you live in an individual house, or some of the units in the city. The standard garbage bin is 140 litres, with a green lid and is collected fortnightly.
Shared garbage service
If you live in a flat, multi-occupancy property or unit development, you generally share one garbage wheelie bin between three units. These bins are stored in a bin enclosure at the entrance of the property; they are 240 litres, have red lids and are collected weekly.
- only Council issued bins will be emptied
- excess garbage in bags or cartons will not be collected
- bins overflowing, weighing greater than 70kg and/or containing unacceptable material will not be emptied
What you can place in your garbage bins
We will collect:
- food scraps
- disposable nappies
- small broken household items such as china and glassware
- plastic bags, garbage bags and non-recyclable plastic and food packaging
We will NOT collect:
- building materials
- batteries (drop household batteries at the recycling area at the Jackson Street Waste Management Centre
- chemicals (caustics, acids, thinners/solvents)
- medical waste (sharps)
- heavy metals
- herbicides and pesticides
- dyes and colours
- glues and adhesives
- recyclable packaging (place this in your yellow recycling bin)
If your bin/s have been missed, please contact Council’s Customer Service on 03 6216 6800. Council will notify our waste services contractor to ensure that your missed bins are collected promptly.
If your bin is damaged (e.g. wheels fallen off, broken lid, bin has split etc) please contact us or let us know by using our bin application form. Please report what type of bin (waste or recycling) has been damaged and the type of damage.
Your bin will be repaired or replaced on the following Friday from when your request has been received and completed.
- All forms and requests for bin repairs and replacements must be received no later than the prior Thursday, no later than 2pm.
- Leave the damaged bin empty on the kerbside for repair or replacement.