Our capital works budget this year is $21.1 million and includes the follow projects:
- $4 million for a range of road projects, including road resurfacing, patching and reconstruction works to ensure that our roads are maintained in good condition.
- $500,000 to upgrade Bowden Street in Glenorchy from Fairfax Road through to Windsor Street.
- Continuing to progress the $5.8 million Glenorchy CBD Revitalisation, with $1 million budgeted for upgrading the section of Main Road, Glenorchy from Regina Street to Barry Street.
- $2 million for improving existing footpaths including $500,000 on fixing trip hazards throughout the municipality. This includes $250,000 to upgrade the footpath linking the intercity cycleway through to Mona via Berriedale Road and Main Road to a 2.5 metre shared path.
- $1.4 million on our stormwater system reducing the risk of flooding, extending the network and replacing pipes and pits that are in poor condition.
- $350,000 planned for the upgrade of the Giblins Reserve toilet as part of the new play space that will be built there.
- Funding is also allocated to ongoing improvements and design work on upgrade the Moonah CBD toilet.
- $475,000 allocated to works on our tracks and trails in our reserves, including $350,000 to upgrade the paths in Lutana Woodlands to improve access, and funding towards improvements to the fire and mountain bike trail network in Wellington Park.
- $1 million to build a new cell at the Jackson Street landfill to extend its lifespan for more than 10 years.
- $4.7 million for works on the Australian and State Government Grant projects, including $1 million on a new building at the Eady Street Cricket Ground,
- $1 million on the Giblins Reserve Playspace,
- $2 million on improving Soccer facilities at KGV.