Cover letterA cover letter is important because it introduces you to our committee, and identifies which position you are applying for and your reasons for applying.
Selection criteriaAddressing the selection criteria is compulsory for anyone applying for a position with us. Selection criteria are a way for us to measure each applicant’s suitability to perform the role, and will help us decide whether you have the relevant experience to meet the position’s criteria.
Your summary should provide information of your work history, responsibilities, achievements, qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience that are relevant to each of the selection criteria – as it is not enough simply to claim that you meet the criteria.
Resume or CV
We will want to see your current job situation, as well as your employment and work experience history, so make sure you cover these points in your resume:
- your employment history in chronological order, starting with your current employment
- details of the positions you have held – including the dates of employment, the roles you held, where you were employed and a brief outline of the main duties, responsibilities and major achievements
- your educational qualifications and professional affiliations that detail the full title of the qualification, the year awarded and the title of the institution attended (certified copies or originals may be required).
Sending your application
We encourage you to apply for a role online.
Please note that late applications will not be accepted so make sure we receive your application before the closing time listed in the ad. Before sending your application, check that you have:
- Read our advice on preparing your application above
- Read the position description and selection criteria
- Included relevant information in relation to the selection criteria and attached supporting documents
- Included a cover letter introducing yourself and stating the reasons why you are applying to work with us
- Included a current copy of your resume, including photocopies of supporting documents (i.e. academic results, certificates and awards that are relevant to the position).