Our Audit Panel ensures that the Council is governed in an open, responsible and transparent manner, and that it complies with its obligations under the relevant legislation. It does this by reviewing Council’s performance in respect of its financial systems and management, long-term plans and compliance with policies and procedures.
Governance of the Audit Panel
The Audit Panel is governed in accordance with the Audit Panel Charter of Glenorchy City Council (PDF).
The Audit Panel Charter was adopted in January 2018 in accordance with sections 85, 85A and 85B of the Act. Among other things, it sets out:
- the composition of the Audit Panel
- the matters to be considered by the Audit Panel when reviewing Council’s performancethe procedures to be followed at Audit Panel meetings.
Audit Panel meetings
Meetings of the Audit Panel are closed to the general public.
This means that the public may not attend meetings, and copies of agendas and minutes of Audit Panel meetings are not available for public viewing.
Members of the Audit Panel
The Audit Panel consists of two Aldermen and three independent members with appropriate qualifications.
Members are appointed by Council, following an expression of interest process.
The current members of the Audit Panel are:
- Mr Robert Hogan (independent member and Chairperson)
- Mr David Sales (independent member)
- Mr Michael Stevens (independent member)
- Deputy Mayor Matt Stevenson
- Alderman Peter Bull