Digging and construction

Road opening permit

If you are a contractor, authority or individual intending to carry out works involving digging up a footpath, nature strip or roadway, you must apply to Council for a Road Opening Permit.

View our Road Opening Permit Application 

Dial Before You Dig

If you are planning dig up any area, please make sure you know where Council’s stormwater and other service authority’s underground infrastructure is located.

To find out, please visit the Dial Before You Dig website (external link) or call 1100.

Digging and construction