A Special Committee of Council is a committee that is established to oversee or implement a project, plan, strategy or event.
Though they have specific terms of reference and some formal procedures, Special Committees are not subject to the same strict conditions as formal Council Committees. Special Committees can be comprised of both Aldermen and independent members and are often allocated funds from Council’s budget.
Council currently has 5 active Special Committees. These are:
- Glenorchy Access Advisory Committee
- Glenorchy Arts and Culture Advisory Committee
- Glenorchy Carols Committee
- Healthy Communities Advisory Committee, and
- Safer Communities Advisory Committee.
Each Special Committee reports annually to Council on their performance and activities for the previous year. You can view the Annual Reports of each Special Committee for the financial year ending 30 June 2020, below: