Glenorchy is open for business.
We are committed to supporting appropriate development to encourage visitors and to create social, cultural and economic benefits for our residents. Glenorchy now has more than $1.5 billion of development planned, including the $300 million Wilkinsons Point precinct, $400 million Mona Hotel, $200 million Windermere Bay housing development, $300 million Showgrounds redevelopment and $576 million Bridgewater Bridge upgrade
Developers are interested in investing in our City because it:
- is the manufacturing, transport, warehousing and distribution hub for southern Tasmania
- is home to the Prince of Wales Bay Marine Precinct and the Tasmanian Technopark
- is ideally located 10 minutes drive from the Hobart CBD and 20 minutes drive from Hobart International Airport
- is linked by excellent road networks and has close access to the Brighton-based Tasmanian Intermodal Transport Hub
- has a dynamic and changing economic base founded on a large supply of serviced industrial and commercial areas (these areas can be viewed at iPlan Tasmania)
Glenorchy’s commercial and industrial areas are also fully serviced by the National Broadband Network. More details of this, including a roll-out map, are available on the NBN website.
We encourage investment across a range of sectors to support economic growth within the municipality. Our Economic Development team encourages business diversity, innovation and new technologies, helping stimulate jobs, creativity and collaboration. If you are interested in investing, we’d like to hear from you.