We encourage you to be prepared in the event of a disaster. There are simple steps you can take to protect yourself.
Talk to your family and friends about staying safe and preparing an emergency plan. The Red Cross RediPlan has some useful tips on how to prepare your plan.
You can also get information on preparing your business for natural disasters at the Business Tasmania website.
- Tasmania Police 000 (for non-emergencies 131 444)
- Ambulance Australia 000 (for non-urgent ambulance assistance 1800 008 008)
- Tasmania Fire Service 000 (for non-emergencies, contact 1800 000 699)
- State Emergency Service (SES) Flood and Storm Assistance 132 500
- Health Direct After Hours medical advice 1800 022 222
- During times of emergencies, listen to Hobart ABC Local Radio on 936 AM for updates and advice.
- Glenorchy City Council Customer Service line and after hours number (03) 62166800
- Tasmania Fire Service website
- Tasmanian State Emergency Service (SES)
- TasALERT is a Tasmanian emergency website providing official emergency information from across government, including Tasmania Police, Tasmania Fire Service and State Emergency Service (SES). You can also follow TasALERT on Facebook.
- Extreme Heat – Department of Health and Human Services
- Preparing Babies for Emergencies in Storms and Bushfire Season
The following PDF fact sheets provide useful emergency management information.