Emergencies come in all forms, not just natural disasters. As a Council we have developed a Municipal Emergency Management Plan which details our approach to emergency situations. We also have areas of Council with dedicated strategies toward the management and mitigation of flooding and bushfires.
- Head to our Floods and Stormwater page
- Head to our Bushfire Mitigation page
We work closely with emergency service providers, all tiers of government and the community to ensure that vital information is shared across all groups and support a collaborative effort in preparing for an emergency.
Below you will find helpful emergency related resources and websites for more information.
- Tasmania Police 000 (for non-emergencies 131 444)
- Ambulance Australia 000 (for non-urgent ambulance assistance 1800 008 008)
- Tasmania Fire Service 000 (for non-emergencies, contact 1800 000 699)
- State Emergency Service (SES) Flood and Storm Assistance 132 500
- Health Direct After Hours medical advice 1800 022 222
- During times of emergencies, listen to Hobart ABC Local Radio on 936 AM for updates and advice.
- Glenorchy City Council Customer Service line and after hours number (03) 6216 6800
- Tasmania Fire Service website
- Tasmanian State Emergency Service (SES)
- TasALERT is a Tasmanian emergency website providing official emergency information from across government, including Tasmania Police, Tasmania Fire Service and State Emergency Service (SES). You can also follow TasALERT on Facebook.
- Extreme Heat – Department of Health and Human Services
- Preparing Babies for Emergencies in Storms and Bushfire Season
- Business Tasmania website has support in preparing your business for natural disasters.
The following PDF fact sheets provide useful emergency management information.