Glenorchy is just a few minutes north of Hobart, by road, cycleway or along the River Derwent. Our municipality includes the cities of Moonah, Glenorchy and Claremont, as well as waterfront attractions of Mona, Wilkinsons Point and the Glenorchy Art and Sculpture Park (GASP!).
Things to see and do in greater Glenorchy include:
- visit Mona – Australia’s premier modern art museum
- ride or walk GASP! along the waterfront – it features a pavilion, outdoor art, barbecue areas, open parkland and wetlands, and events
- ride or walk the North South Track
- head to Tolosa Park to relax, take a walk, have a barbeque and enjoy the scenery
- visit the Moonah Arts Centre
- hop on a bike at Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park in the foothills of Mount Wellington; this is prime mountain biking territory and also ideal for walks in Tolosa Park and beyond
- visit Goulds Lagoon wetlands
- head to the Cadbury Chocolate factory to see where your favourite chocolate Is made and to pick up some cheap seconds!