There is always something happening in Glenorchy – from ongoing attractions, to events and more. We are home to many sporting teams, such as the Glenorchy Knights, Magpies Football and Magpies Cricket to name a few of a the sights, sounds and attractions that we have on offer.
We have plenty of places to visit and things to do, when you are out and about in the greater City.
Here are just a few things you can do to explore Glenorchy at any time of the year:
- visit Mona – Australia’s premier modern art museum
- ride the Mona Roma ferry to get a view of our cities, the mountain and foreshore from the River
- ride or walk GASP! along the waterfront – it features a pavilion, outdoor art, barbecue areas, open parkland and wetlands, and events
- visit the Moonah Arts Centre
- discover hidden heritage such as James Austin’s house.
To find out what is coming up, see our information on major events.