Skip bins

You need a permit to put a skip bin on any public street or road in Glenorchy.

Skip bins can’t be put on a footpath but may be ok to put on a nature strip in some circumstances. A bin can only be put on the road where it is ok to park a car.

Skip bins on a road must have reflectors attached to all corners.

Applying for a skip bin permit

There is no charge for a permit to put a skip bin on a road.

To apply:

  1. complete the Skip Bin Permit Application (PDF). 
  2. email your completed application to (attention Senior Parking Officer), return it in person at 374 Main Road, Glenorchy, or mail it to:

Senior Parking Officer
Glenorchy City Council
PO Box 103
Glenorchy TAS 7010