Skip Bins

You need a permit to place a skip bin on any public street or road in Glenorchy.

Skip bins cannot be placed on a footpath but may be placed on a nature strip in some circumstances. A bin can only be placed on the roadway where a vehicle may legally be parked.

Skip bins that are placed on a road must have reflectors attached to all corners.

Applying for a skip bin permit

To apply for a permit to place a skip bin on a road, please complete the Skip Bin Permit Application (PDF). There is no charge for a permit.

Please email your completed application to (attention Senior Parking Officer).

You can also deliver your application in person at our Customer Service Centre at 374 Main Road, Glenorchy, or mail it to:

Senior Parking Officer
Glenorchy City Council
PO Box 103