IMPORTANT: The General Manager’s Roll for the upcoming 2021 Glenorchy By-Election closes on 10 June 2021. Completed enrolment forms must be received by close of business on that day for the voter to be eligible.
The General Manager’s Roll is a list of people who are eligible to vote in local government elections, even if they don’t live in the Glenorchy municipality.
You may be eligible for the General Manager’s Electoral Roll if:
- you are a resident in the Glenorchy municipality, but not eligible for the State electoral roll (for example, because you are not an Australian Citizen), or
- you own or occupy land in Glenorchy, but do not live in Glenorchy (e.g. you lease a shop or own a property), or
- you are the nominated representative of a corporate body which owns or occupies land in Glenorchy.
A voter, in an election in respect of one municipal area, has a maximum of two votes:
- one vote is in their own right, and
- one vote is on behalf of a corporate body
How to enrol for the General Manager’s Electoral Roll
To apply to be on the General Manager’s Roll, you need to complete one of the following forms:
- To enrol a person who is not eligible to be enrolled on the Tasmanian House of Assembly electoral roll within this municipal area (including property owners/occupiers), please use the GM Roll Electoral Enrolment for individuals form (PDF)
- To nominate a person to vote on behalf of a corporate body, please use the GM Roll Enrolment by nominee of a corporation form (PDF)
Completed forms can be:
- delivered to our Customer Service Centre, located in Council Chambers, 374 Main Road, Glenorchy (open from 8:30am to 5pm weekdays), or
- Mailed to:
Glenorchy City Council
PO Box 103
GLENORCHY TAS 7010
Please note that forms cannot be submitted online or by email.
Enrolment on the General Manager’s Roll is not automatic. If you have recently updated your enrolment – thankyou. If you have previously registered for the General Manager’s Roll in Glenorchy but need to update your enrolment details, you are required to re-register using the attached forms to ensure your details are up-to-date. The cutoff for the upcoming 2021 Glenorchy By-elections is 10 June 2021.
The Tasmanian Electoral Commission has more information about local government elections, and the 2021 by-election.