If you would like to view photographs of your Parking fine, please use the link below. You will need to enter the infringement number and vehicle registration number (both can be found on the infringement notice).
If you have a parking fine, you have 4 options:
- pay the fine within 28 days using any of our payment options
- apply for a payment plan using our Extension of time to pay form
- if you think the fine shouldn’t have been issued to you, you can fill in the Application Request Withdrawal of Parking Infringement form (PDF)
- if you want to have the parking offence heard in court, you can lodge a Notice of Election for a Court Hearing (PDF).
You can lodge the Notice of Election for a Court Hearing:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person at our Customer Service Centre, 374 Main Road, Glenorchy, between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday – Friday
- by mail addressed to The General Manager, Glenorchy City Council, PO Box 103, Glenorchy, TAS 7010
If you don’t do anything in 28 days
If you don’t take any of the options you will be automatically convicted of the offence and your unpaid fines will be collected by the Monetary Penalties Enforcement Service (MPES). MPES will add extra costs on top of the original fine.
Who decides on the amount of the fine?
The penalty for the offence is stated in the legislation that the infringement was issued under (usually either Road Rules 2019 or Traffic Act 1925). They are listed as ‘penalty units’, which the State Government decides on the dollar value of each financial year. The value of a penalty unit can be seen here.