Parking fines

If you have a parking fine, you have 4 options:

  1. pay the fine within 28 days using any of our payment options
  2. apply for a payment plan using our Extension of time to pay form
  3. if you think the fine shouldn’t have been issued to you, you can fill in  the Application Request Withdrawal of Parking Infringement form (PDF)
  4. if you want to have the parking offence heard in court, you can lodge a Notice of Election for a Court Hearing (PDF). 

You can lodge the Notice of Election for a Court Hearing:

  • by email to
  • in person at our Customer Service Centre, 374 Main Road, Glenorchy, between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday – Friday
  • by mail addressed to The General Manager, Glenorchy City Council, PO Box 103, Glenorchy, TAS 7010

If you don’t do anything in 28 days

If you don’t take any of the options you will be automatically convicted of the offence and your unpaid fines will be collected by the Monetary Penalties Enforcement Service (MPES). MPES will add extra costs on top of the original fine.

Don’t let your fine cost you more.

Was this content helpful?