Road opening permit

If you are a contractor, authority or individual intending to carry out works involving digging up a footpath, nature strip or roadway, you must apply for a Road Opening Permit.

View our Road Opening Permit Application (PDF).

Dial Before You Dig

If you are planning to dig up any area, please make sure you know where Council’s stormwater and other service authority’s underground infrastructure is located.

To find out, please visit the Dial Before You Dig website or call 1100.