Your event

If you are holding a public event on our land with less than 1000 people, you may need to apply for a minor events permit.

Apply for a minor events permit

To apply for a permit, you need to complete the following application forms:

Along with a completed form, you may need to include a site plan showing:

  • the site
  • the location and size of all structures including temporary structures (e.g. marquees, jumping castles, temporary stands, food vans and stalls)
  • proposed car parking
  • Smoke Free Management Plan (where required)
  • Traffic Management Plan
  • toilet facilities (see below).

Temporary occupancy permit

If you want to use temporary structures, you need to have a temporary occupancy permit.

Temporary occupancy permits are issued by private building surveyors and ensure the suitability of tents, marquees, stalls and other structures for use and occupation by the public. Only certain types of ‘temporary structures’ require these types of approval.

When you are planning your event or activity, we strongly recommend that you contact a private building surveyor to discuss what you need to do.

Temporary food registration

If food will be for sale at the event, temporary food registration will be required.

See more information about temporary food licences on our food business registration page.

Toilet facilities

You must make sure that there are enough toilets at your event for the expected crowd. You will need to tell us how many toilets and/or urinals you have for males and females, and how many accessible toilet facilities you will provide.

Timing of licence applications

To make sure we can assess your application properly, the information must be given to us eight (8) weeks prior to the event. If we don’t receive the information within the above timeframe, your application may not gain approval.