If you intend to undertake works, develop buildings or use land for a particular purpose, you may require a planning permit or consent from us that confirm that a planning permit is not required.
One of the easiest ways to find out if you need a planning permit and exactly what you need to do to get one is to talk to a planner.
We will ask questions like:
- What is the address of the property?
- How are you intending to use the property?
- Are you planning to build a building or further develop the property?
- How far away from the boundaries is the proposed development going to be?
- What height is the building going to be?
- Is the proposed use of the land appropriate to the area?
- Will a proposed development affect the streetscape?
- Does a use or development have enough car parking?
- Will the proposed operating hours affect neighbours?
Before you submit your Planning application, we encourage you to contact our planning office.