If you intend to undertake works, develop buildings or use land for a particular purpose, you may require a planning permit or consent from us that confirm that a planning permit is not required.
One of the easiest ways to find out if you need a planning permit and exactly what you need to do to get one is to talk to a planner.
We will ask questions like:
- Will there be loss of privacy or overshadowing problems?
- Is a proposed development set far enough away from boundaries?
- Is a proposed building too high?
- Is the proposed use of the land appropriate to the area?
- Will a proposed development affect the streetscape?
- Does a use or development have enough car parking?
- Will the proposed hours of operating of a use affect neighbours?
Before you submit your application, we encourage you to contact our planning office.