*No longer current* 6th May 2022: Severe weather impacts Council services
Severe weather is continuing to affect southeast and eastern Tasmania, with intense rainfall, damaging winds and thunderstorms being experienced. This page will be continually updated as information changes regarding Council service interruptions. Please keep checking this page or our Facebook page for up to date information.
Current service interruptions:
- Kerbside bin maintenance has been cancelled today. This includes bin repairs, bin replacement and new bin delivery. The contractor will complete this service on Monday (9th May) instead. If your household was on this list please bring your bins back in from the kerb for the weekend and put them back out by 6am on Monday morning.
- Normal Waste, Recycling, FOGO collections are still running as scheduled however Veolia advises that services may be delayed due to the weather. Your bins may be collected later in the day however if you believe your bin has been missed please call Council on 6216 6800.
- Jackson St Landfill is currently closed, you can check whether the landfill is open or closed on the Jackson St Landfill website – https://jacksonstlandfill.com.au/
- Tolosa Park is closed today.
- All sportsgrounds* in Glenorchy are closed. Check with your local sports club or association to confirm whether games or training will go ahead over the weekend. *The KGV synthetic ground will remain open.
Who do I call for help in a flood or storm?
For emergency help in flood or storm call State Emergency Services (SES) on 132 500. Tasmania SES are prepared and ready to respond. Responses are prioritised based on the greatest need.
Floods & storms: 132 500
Life threatening emergencies: Triple Zero (000)
For more information on responding to an emergency situation, please visit our Emergencies web page