You can pay an infringement notice using different payment options.
Other options available regarding the fine
Under the Monetary Penalties Enforcement Act 2005, if you have received a fine for a parking offence, you have four options:
- pay the infringement penalty within 28 days using the payment options listed below, or
- apply to Glenorchy City Council for a variation of payment conditions by completing the Application for Payment Arrangement, or
- apply to Glenorchy City Council for the withdrawal of the notice by reading and completing the Application Request Withdrawal of Parking Infringement, or
- lodge a Notice of Election for a Court Hearing (PDF) with Glenorchy City Council to have the offence heard and determined in Court.
To lodge the Notice of Election for a Court Hearing you may complete the Notice of Election for a Court Hearing (PDF) and return it to Glenorchy City Council:
- by email to email@example.com
- in person at Council's Customer Service Centre, 374 Main Road, Glenorchy, between 8.30am and 5.00pm, Monday - Friday, or
- mail addressed to The General Manager, Glenorchy City Council, PO Box 103, Glenorchy, TAS 7010
If within the time allowed you failed to:
- pay the infringement penalty in full, or
- apply for a variation of payment condition, or
- apply to have the fine withdrawn, or
- lodge a Notice of Election for a Court Hearing with Glenorchy City Council, or
- are denied an application for a variation of payment condition,
you will automatically be deemed convicted of the offence.
Please note that unpaid fines will be lodged with the Monetary Penalties Enforcement Service (MPES) for collection. MPES will add additional costs on top of the original infringement penalty.
Don't let the original fine cost you more.