How to report unapproved building works

If you wish to report a possible building compliance issue, we need as much detail as possible to investigate the problem:

  • Details of your concern, please include dates and times where applicable.
  • The location (such as the road name), or the house number of the property it is near.
  • (optional) Your details so we can contact you for further information if needed.

You don’t need to give us your name and address, but it can be helpful if there are issues locating the problem and we need to ask you for more information.

When we receive your contact, our building officers will review our records and establish if any action is required under the Building Act 2016. Please be aware that we may be unable to provide you with details of our investigation due to privacy requirements.

To lodge a building compliance matter with Council, please email via or call on 6216 6800.